Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
Deadline: March 3, 2021
Our people make Literacy Pittsburgh a welcoming and positive place to learn. We value a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees feel a sense of belonging. This commitment is reflected in the values that guide our day-to-day work. We believe that our students, our employees, and our organization thrive best when we embrace and welcome those with a variety of life experiences. We are committed to a hiring process that increases the diversity of our staff, and encourage people who represent the richness of our shared humanity to apply. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect a diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past experience with poverty or homelessness, or prior contact with the juvenile, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
Literacy Pittsburgh offers a flexible, collaborative environment with a commitment to best practices, innovation, and growth. We welcome creative and hard-working team players who share a passion for creating better lives through learning.
Operations Assistant assists with the management of daily business activities and administrative tasks as part of the Finance and Administration Department. The Operations Assistant's responsibilities include assisting with human resource administration, technology, equipment, facilities, and general administrative tasks. The position resolves problems, communicates effectively and ensures the smooth daily operations of Literacy Pittsburgh.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director of Finance and Administration
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $32,000 - $37,000
General Administration and Operations
- Assist with the management of daily operational activities.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, file organization, etc.
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries and manage outgoing mail.
- Order and manage office supplies and the maintenance of office equipment.
- Assist with administrative project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
- Prepare and maintain operations documents and reports.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems.
- Data entry for eData when needed.
- Coordinate human resource administrative functions such as employee benefits, maintaining employee files and annual 401(k) processing.
- Working with supervisors, coordinate employee recruitment, including developing job descriptions, posting openings, overseeing recruitment through various networks, and initial candidate screening.
- Arrange and assist with the onboarding of new employees.
- Organize board and staff meetings as well as other larger meetings as needed.
- Lead the deployment, maintenance and upgrade of Literacy Pittsburgh’s hardware, software, and network in addition to office systems including phones, internet, postage, copier/printers, and other equipment at all sites.
- Develop and implement three-year technology plans that includes upgraded hardware, internet access, network functionality, and a common productivity package for all Literacy Pittsburgh staff, including training.
- Maintain an informed knowledge of current and emerging technology relevant to Literacy Pittsburgh operations and student learning needs.
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves.
- Coordinate office cleaning and maintenance with landlords and their representatives.
- Coordinate emergency planning and preparation with landlords.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Experience in office management or an administrative role.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; bend; use both hands and all digits to type and use mouse; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
How to Apply
Deadline: March 3, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter with the name of the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Literacy Pittsburgh invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences can contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff, students, volunteers, and supporters.