ISAC Service Coordinator
Location: Downtown Pittsburgh
Deadline: March 12, 2021
Our people make Literacy Pittsburgh a welcoming and positive place to learn. We value a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees feel a sense of belonging. This commitment is reflected in the values that guide our day-to-day work. We believe that our students, our employees, and our organization thrive best when we embrace and welcome those with a variety of life experiences. We are committed to a hiring process that increases the diversity of our staff, and encourage people who represent the richness of our shared humanity to apply. We welcome all qualified applicants who reflect a diversity of culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, past experience with poverty or homelessness, or prior contact with the juvenile, criminal justice, or child welfare systems.
Literacy Pittsburgh offers a flexible, collaborative environment with a commitment to best practices, innovation, and growth. We welcome creative and hard-working team players who share a passion for creating better lives through learning.
Responsible for intakes, individual assessments, coordination, and monitoring of the delivery of service coordination to high-needs refugee/immigrant populations with language and cultural barriers including: case assessments and management, referrals/coordination to social service, medical, and government agencies (etc), and linkages with interpretation assistance and English classes to promote long-term self-sufficiency. This individual will supervise navigators, trained natural helpers from clients’ communities, who will connect people to services.
Reporting Relationships: Workforce Skills Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt; 37.5 hours per week; Some evening work required
Starting Salary Range: $35,000 - $38,000
Other: A car is needed for this position
- Screen/meet with clients to determine and assess gaps in service, English proficiency level, medical needs, social service and other needs, provide referrals, and track progress on a regular basis.
- Become trained in the Conferencing and Teaming service provision model; competent in using this practice model as appropriate.
- Develop individual plans, both short-term and long-term, to include the development of English proficiency whenever possible as well as building competence in accessing services independently.
- Coordinate services and referrals with partner agencies, County human service providers, schools, healthcare and government entities, etc.
- Coordinate activities of navigators/interpreters and assure proper documentation.
- Take part in staff development and training opportunities.
- Collect and record data, producing measurable outcomes data, as appropriate.
- Perform Exit Interviews during the last quarter to determine successes and future plans.
- Participate in the delivery of training to external service providers.
- Other duties as assigned related to position and Literacy Pittsburgh staff responsibilities
Bachelor’s Degree in social service, education or related field (Master’s Degree a plus). Minimum 3 years of experience with immigrant services, service coordination or other social services. Alert to cross-cultural differences in dealing with foreign-born clients, able to behave in a culturally sensitive manner and to respond appropriately to the cultural characteristics of the clients. Excellent team player with organizational and communication skills.
How to Apply
Deadline: March 12, 2021
Please send resume and cover letter with the name of the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Literacy Pittsburgh invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences can contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff, students, volunteers, and supporters.